Monday 11 February 2013

Wanderlust: New York City (Day 1)

So, I won't be posting my first Youtube video for a while because I'm currently in that weird phase of school where I'm in between semesters and I'm transitioning. Also, I'm hiding right now from my parents, because I have sadly disappointing marks from first semester.Anyways! Onto the main point.

 This is a blog post about my travels last year to New York City. This will be a series on my travels whenever I go. I'll probably be posting up a relevant video of some clips that I've taken, even before I decided to start this channel.

Oh, and btw, Wanderlust is a word meaning the strong desire to travel. :)

Warning! This post will be photo heavy!


Read more under the cut! 

So yeah, I didn't visit the Statue of Liberty, but I did get to see it from a distance on a boat cruise around the harbor. It was super pretty since we went out onto the water around sunset. However, we'll get back to that later.

I went to New York City with my school as part of a trip. We started out the day at our hotel. It was within walking distance with Times Square, but out of range enough that it was quiet at night. 


This was a picture taken outside of the hotel. I love the buildings in this area. They had a certain characteristic about them that gave them a vibe. This area was also called Hell's Kitchen, by the way. 

We walked up Broadway towards Times Square. That day was also the day of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! So that was what we were heading to. 



So I took a picture of some of the Broadway billboards in Times Square. I'm a Potterhead, so of course I had to take a picture of Daniel Radcliffe. I didn't take a picture, but Times Square was packed, because of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. 

On the way, we also passed by Ellen's Stardust Diner, home to the singing waitstaff. And also, we passed by the studio of the Late Show with David Letterman. 

Ellen's Stardust Diner
The Late Show with David Letterman! 

The area we stood in to see the floats was PACKED! So most of my float photos have heads at the bottom. Don't mind them. I'm sadly short and there were about 300 people in front of me. Some people were climbing up on to the top of the cars or onto the lampposts just to see and/or take pictures. 

Spongebob
Captain Mickey! 
Po from Kung Fu Panda. 
Snoopy!

So those were some of the photos of the floats from the parade. I didn't take a lot of photos of the floats because the parade was almost three hours long and it was in the middle of November and it was cold. Yeah. 

Then we hit up Fifth Avenue and the amount of people there was astounding. Althought that shouldn't really surprise, since it is one of the most famous shopping areas in the world. There were some super pretty stores all decorated for Christmas time. 

Van Cleef & Arpels
The gorgeous Fendi belt decals!
Godiva. yummmm

So attached to Fifth Avenue is Rockerfeller Center, where we enjoyed a break and lunch. There were angels with trumpets and it was super pretty. The signature Rockerfeller Christmas tree was already up, but it didn't have the lights up yet and there was wood all around it, so I didn't take a picture because it wasn't very pretty. 

Rockerfeller Center and the Atlas Statue. 
Lit up trumpeting angels. 
Venti Green Tea Frappe! (My name's Sabrina, but I just prefer to be called Ri.) 

After, at night, we went to the top of the Rock to go see the view and skyline of New York City. The night scene of the City that Never Sleeps is simply gorgeous. We passed by so many trees with fairy lights wrapped around them. So pretty!

The fairy lights! 
The view from the Top of the Rock
More Top of the Rock. 


So that was the end of the first day in the Big Apple. More to come in this series of New York City. The trip was about 3 days long or so. It was so much fun and I would most definitely go again if I could. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC