Monday 18 February 2013

Reading: The Way We Fall, Divergent Series, etc.

So I'm one of those people that have a mile long reading list and reading 5 books at the same time. Recently I've been trying to read more even if I have a lot of school work to do.

So recently I finished The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe


Read the review under the Cut!


So don't mind the blue tape. That's just there to cover up the bar code because the bar code has the name of the library I borrowed it from.
So anyways, the reason I picked up this book to read is because my school is participating in the White Pine awards. Basically ten Canadian written YA books are picked to be pitted against each other. The teenagers have to read them, at least five to be eligible to vote and pick their favourite out of the ten.

This year, the ten books are listed here in this GoodReads list
Go here to see the List

Anyways, this is the fourth book I've read from the list. I've already read The Taming by Teresa Toten, The Opposite of Tidy by Carrie Mac and Getting Over Garett Delaney by Abby McDonald.

So onto The Way We Fall!

The Way We Fall may sound like an apocalyptic book at first, but it's not. It's about this strange virus that all of a sudden starts to infect everybody on this little island community that's being quarantined. This little island is located off the coast of Eastern Canada.

This is the synopsis from the back of the book courtesy of GoodReads.com

It starts with an itch you just can't shake. Then comes a fever and a tickle in your throat. A few days later, you'll be blabbing your secrets and chatting with strangers like they’re old friends. Three more, and the paranoid hallucinations kick in.

And then you're dead.


When sixteen-year-old Kaelyn lets her best friend leave for school without saying goodbye, she never dreams that she might not see him again. But then a strange virus begins to sweep through her small island community, infecting young and old alike. As the dead pile up, the government quarantines the island: no one can leave, and no one can come back.

Those still healthy must fight for the island’s dwindling supplies, or lose all chance of survival. As everything familiar comes crashing down, Kaelyn joins forces with a former rival and discovers a new love in the midst of heartbreak. When the virus starts to rob her of friends and family, she clings to the belief that there must be a way to save the people she holds dearest.

Because how will she go on if there isn't?

Poignant and dizzying, The Way We Fall is the heart-wrenching story of one girl's bravery and unbeatable spirit as she challenges not just her fears, but her sense of what makes life worth living.

Overall, I really liked this book and the sequel came out on February 12th, so I may be looking into that later when I've gotten through more of my super long reading list. This is the book I'm currently leaning towards for the vote and that may change as I read the books I haven't touched yet. 

Okay! Onto other news! 

OMGWTFBBQ. So I'm a HUGE fan of the Divergent series by Veronica Roth and news just came out that the third book in the series is coming out October 22, 2013 and is CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER .So of course, I went right ahead and pre-ordered it. 

There's no cover or title yet, but here's the place holder I found on GoodReads .






















That's so exciting!

Okay and finally for the last thing, here's the current list of what I'm reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC